G85 vs OM-D EM10 MKIII

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
brz_subsea
brz_subsea New Member • Posts: 5
G85 vs OM-D EM10 MKIII

Hey folks, I am new here, and like many others trying to make a difficult decision.

I have been reading this forum up and down for the last month trying to pick my next setup.

Currently I have a Panasonic LX100, my first "real" camera. It allows me to get great pics in a compact package, but I need some more to improve. I am a hobbist (beginner).

I am going to US next month and will be able to upgrade at a cheaper price (I live in Brazil). I do not want to carry a big camera around, since I travel a lot and will be going to walk a lot at Disney World and New York.

After checking the APSCs, the mft compactness made me decide to stay in this format.

The setup I want to buy is a standard pancake zoom, tele zoom and the lumix 20 mm 1.7.

Narrowed down to these options:.

OM-D EM-10 Mark III + Oly 14-42 EZ + Oly 40-150 f4-5.6 + Pana 20 mm 1.7 = US$1100,00

Panasonic G85 + Pana 12-32 + Pana 45-150 f4-5.6 + Pana 20 mm 1.7 = US$1400,00

I would not buy the Pana kit with 12-60 because it's very big and would put compactness away.

I do not really seek for weathersealing. Not planning to take it the rain, but I do carry it to the beach frequently.

What would be your guys suggestion?!

Thanks!!!

brz_subsea's gear list:brz_subsea's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Google Pixel 2 XL +1 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic G85 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
6x9
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow