G85 vs OM-D EM10 MKIII

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Flat view
brz_subsea New Member • Posts: 5
G85 vs OM-D EM10 MKIII

Hey folks, I am new here, and like many others trying to make a difficult decision.

I have been reading this forum up and down for the last month trying to pick my next setup.

Currently I have a Panasonic LX100, my first "real" camera. It allows me to get great pics in a compact package, but I need some more to improve. I am a hobbist (beginner).

I am going to US next month and will be able to upgrade at a cheaper price (I live in Brazil). I do not want to carry a big camera around, since I travel a lot and will be going to walk a lot at Disney World and New York.

After checking the APSCs, the mft compactness made me decide to stay in this format.

The setup I want to buy is a standard pancake zoom, tele zoom and the lumix 20 mm 1.7.

Narrowed down to these options:.

OM-D EM-10 Mark III + Oly 14-42 EZ + Oly 40-150 f4-5.6 + Pana 20 mm 1.7 = US$1100,00

Panasonic G85 + Pana 12-32 + Pana 45-150 f4-5.6 + Pana 20 mm 1.7 = US$1400,00

I would not buy the Pana kit with 12-60 because it's very big and would put compactness away.

I do not really seek for weathersealing. Not planning to take it the rain, but I do carry it to the beach frequently.

What would be your guys suggestion?!

brz_subsea's gear list:brz_subsea's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Google Pixel 2 XL +1 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic G85 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow