G9 the little things

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 33,643
G9 the little things

I am sure that we will get some great sample images and broad brush responses about the G9 soon enough.

But it might be appropriate to note the smaller new and improved things that might otherwise go almost unnoticed in the first flood of interest.

I might mention two of them.

Firstly Panasonic has finally caught up by allowing some customisation of File/Folder settings (Page 228 of the full manual). This will allow users to personalise their File/Folder names or difference recorded names for many reasons including where they own multiple Panasonic camera  bodies.  About time that they made this easier.  This is a welcome catch up.

The second is something that has been mentioned from time to time over the years but is not commonly (if at all) provided - Save and Restore Camera settings (Page 230 of the full manual).  This could be very useful for several purposes.  Mainly if ever a general reset to defaults is ever necessary - in which case a laboriously constructed personal camera set up could be quickly restored again. Best make a backup when we are happy that we have found our best combination.  But it would also be brilliant if more than one body of the same type were owned so that once one camera was set to a preference then further copies could be set identically in a matter of a minute or two.  Not so relevant for an expensive body such as the G9 except for more professional use, but something that I would really appreciate for my multiple GM bodies (would I ever).  Please Mr Panasonic - a firmware update for all recent models released.  Furthermore if it ever happened someone who had some serious set up skills could pass their “prize setup” on very easily to any friends who might care to take advantage of them on the same body type.

Just store your current full camera settings on an SD card and off you go.

Now lets get really enlightened and allow the video button to be customised for something more exciting than than just on/off.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow