Would you still buy the EF-S 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
dave_bass5
dave_bass5 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,926
Re: Would you still buy the EF-S 17-55mm 2.8 IS USM?

I agree. I didn’t use a crop camera for a few years when i got my 5D3. I always had my 650D but it wasn’t really used. When i got my 80D i decided to get a few lenses for it, as I didn’t find the L lenses to be quite right on it. I was knocked out by how good the STM lenses were.

I got the 10-18 thinking it would be good enough, but it instantly became my fav lens on the 80D. In fact this combo prompted me to get my 16-35 F/4 L for my 5D3 (at the time).

I also got the 24mm f/2,8 which i dont use much but have nothing but praise for it, and of course the two 18-135 Lenes. I now also have the 50mm f/1.8 STM and that too is a fantastic lens. It’s the best 50mm ive had and i prefer it to the 50mm f/1.2 ive borrowed a few times. Not saying its better in every way, but i find it more than good enough and better than the old f/1.4 i had. At least i can shoot wide open with it.

dave_bass5's gear list:dave_bass5's gear list
Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS Rebel T4i +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
irm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow