Nikon DK-21M magnifying eye piece: anyone use one? thoughts?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 1,882
Nikon DK-21M magnifying eye piece: anyone use one? thoughts?

Anyone use one of these? Some people online complain that it makes viewing images more difficult...? I'm considering getting one because it's getting harder to MF lens (I can get close, but I'm always off by a little... I've tried adjusting the diopter on the camera but that doesn't seem to help, so I need something that can magnify the view finder image a little).

Or unless someone else has any other suggestions for options to look into (I'm aware of the Hoodman loupes for the LCD, but I'd like something that works with the view finder. I will say that my vision has changed, as does most people's, over the years and I used to be able to MF spot on, but lately it's gotten a little harder to do so. I sort of wish that they had something like the old Olympus SLR lenses did where there was a focusing spot in the center that showed you if what you were focused on was in focus or not. It's on one of the 50mm lenses from myOlympus OM1 SLR kit I have. That would be a nice feature for lenses, although it might get distracting to some. But lately, I've had to rely more and more on AF.... which isn't good because it's making certain types of photography (macro, astro/night) a bit more difficult, where you have to MF and AF doesn't work well or at all.

Or maybe I need something like this:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/37321-USA/Nikon_2355_DG_2_Eyepiece_Magnifier.html

It's not so much I can't see the scene or its elements, but it would be nice to zoom in and be able to focus accurately with MF.

Opinions?

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow