Fuji X-E2 skin color ...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
veroman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,862
Fuji X-E2 skin color ...

I'm having a really difficult time getting skin tones/skin color to look right when I shoot with my Fuji X-E2.

Nearly all skin tones have an overriding "orange" or "yellow" tint that doesn't clear up very easily using proper white balance approaches in post-processing.

I'm not talking about the "waxy" look that so many have been discussing. I don't seem to have that problem. My issue is strictly skin COLOR.

And most of the time, when I correct for skin tones, other elements in the shots get a little screwy-looking, color-wise. So I'm constantly playing a kind of balancing act between skin color/skin tone and other objects in a shot, ie sky, foliage, pets.

It's not fun ... and it's similar to what I used to experience when I shot with a Sigma Foveon camera (that was years ago).

I shoot raw + jpeg 100% of the time. I uploaded the most recent firmware (4.01) as soon as the camera arrived. I use LR 6 for sorting, browsing and occasional PP. My usual PP software is Capture One.

I don't have this skin off-color issue with any of my other cameras. It's perplexing. Hope you can help.

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie

veroman's gear list:veroman's gear list
Ricoh GR II Olympus E-5 Fujifilm X-E2
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow