A7r3 & A6500 viewfinder confusion

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ski542002 Regular Member • Posts: 124
A7r3 & A6500 viewfinder confusion

Hi:  Making great progress with my new 7R3 & 6500.  Almost there setting up the menus on each camera to be similar enough where I don't have to rethink navigation on either body while on a shoot.

While setting up my 6500, I got into this information screen that I don't like.  I can only toggle between 2 screens hitting the top of the control wheel. One shows the spirit level, which is fine, but the other shows a bunch of (to me) needless information, including this series of 2horizontal  bars showing aperture & shutter speed.  Don't know how they got there and for days I've been trying to find out how to customize each camera's viewfinder to my taste.

I'm crying uncle.  Where the hell are the settings to do this??  I'm sure it's a simple solution, but I can't find it.  Other than that I'm loving both cameras!

ski542002's gear list:ski542002's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony Alpha a7R III Sony a7 III Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +8 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow