Objective IQ comparison of EM1 Mark I vs II please

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TwoMetreBill Senior Member • Posts: 1,292
Objective IQ comparison of EM1 Mark I vs II please

I'm returning to Oly from Fuji, the whys are a discussion for a different thread. But when I download and compare the raw images supplied by DPReview of these two bodies, the Mark I is clearly superior. Now part of the issue is that DPReview doesn't do a very good job of setting up the cameras, often they are not perfectly parallel to the target and sometimes not accurately focused.

As a previous owner of the Mark I and finding a very few features in the Mark II of value to me (yeah the dual memory card slots is nice), IQ is the deciding factor before I spend over 2X on the Mark II. The AF on the Mark I is close to flawless in terms of accuracy and fast enough for the type of shooting I do and video is of no importance. I'm only interested in still photo IQ at at up to ISO 3200.

So can anyone suggest a site where I can download identical RAW images for these two bodies shot at a range of ISOs? There are plenty of subjective opinions on the forums, not what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
Bill

TwoMetreBill's gear list:TwoMetreBill's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +1 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow