Loxia 85 vs. Batis 85?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MrT-Man Senior Member • Posts: 1,438
Loxia 85 vs. Batis 85?

I'm curious as to whether anyone here has experience shooting both the Loxia 85 and the Batis 85?

I own the Batis, which I think I'll always keep due to its light weight and fast AF. But when I see images from the Loxia, I've been very impressed by the color/contrast/pop. And I wonder if there's really that much of a difference between the two, or whether there's some bias going on (MF shooters being more likely to have better photography and processing skills than AF shooters??).

So I'd love to know whether the difference in color/contrast and rendering between the two is significant. (I did see the comparative shots in the very big lobo review, but I'm sure someone with real-world experience would have a better assessment than what I'd be able to determine myself from looking at just a couple of shots).

MrT-Man's gear list:MrT-Man's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony FE 35mm F1.4 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 18mm F2.8 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow