GX200 + GR: new to me

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
ronniemac Regular Member • Posts: 311
GX200 + GR: new to me

In an attempt to broaden the range of my photographing hobby I recently bought a Ricoh GX200 (with e.v.f. and wide angle lens attachment) and have really taken to the form and portability.  I particularly like the zoom which I have stepped to 24-28-35-50-70.  Low winter light levels ensure that this camera renders images with either blur or noise - I need to learn how to work with this in a creative way.  Focus is sometimes an issue with the lens zoomed wide (24mm equiv), but I can get round this with either macro setting or snap focus.  I really do like this compact camera, it has opened up an approach to photographing that hast been difficult to achieve with the Pentax K-1 or even the K-70.

Now that I am beginning to appreciate why Ricoh has a particular following in the photographic community, I have taken the next step and splashed out on a pre-owned GR.  It's a revelation, such an exquisite and straightforward camera which seems to know what is needed of it.  Fantastic lens and sensor, perfectly diminutive, yet provides a high level of control without techno overload.

These two babes with keep me happy when it's bigger cousins stay on the shelf.  I do hope Ricoh continue to develop the GR so that as my eyesight diminishes further, they bring out another version with built in an e.v.f.

ronniemac's gear list:ronniemac's gear list
Pentax K-3 II Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Ricoh GR Digital IV Ricoh GR Pentax K-1 +23 more
Ricoh Caplio GX200 Ricoh GR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow