Do you ever get harassed while out shooting?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Retzius
Retzius Contributing Member • Posts: 746
Do you ever get harassed while out shooting?

Hello all.

Yesterday evening I was taking a stroll in the park with my camera while my son was at swim practice. I was having a great time making images of the shadows and textures of the trees and surrounding area when a random guy started yelling that he was going to "sue my ass" because I was taking pictures of him and that if I didn't show him what I had taken he was going to "beat my ass" 

I pulled out my cell phone and calmly told him that I was not taking pictures of him and that if he took a step toward me I was going to call the police. After I said that his female companion told him to "forget it" and they walked away yelling obscenities while holding hand with their two young children (yes they were parents and by association role models... )

Never had that happen before. I guess living in Los Angeles I except a normal amount of crazy but this was over the top.

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

Retzius's gear list:Retzius's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
(unknown member)
osv
YWG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow