Lens Aperture across Lenses

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JAC61 New Member • Posts: 1
Lens Aperture across Lenses

This is the first time I have asked a question on this forum so please let me know if this question should have been placed under a different heading.

Just to place my knowledge base. I have a fairly solid basic understanding of lens/camera fundamentals and the interaction between ISO, f-number, shutter and manual exposure to achieve correct sensor exposure.

With that preamble out the way I would like to ask a question with respect to two hypothetical lenses with each having a maximum aperture of f1.4.

If one lens is small, say, with a front-end glass element diameter of 30mm (don't know how to properly specify such a physical lens size) and another is a large lens with a 100mm diameter front-end element (obviously for different cameras), is there a relationship between the amount of light that falls on a camera sensor with the small lens set to f1.4 and the amount of light falling on the camera sensor using the large lens set to f1.4?

Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow