Flash for RX10-IV

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
edform
edform Senior Member • Posts: 4,720
Flash for RX10-IV

Has anyone who's had both cameras, tried a flash that worked on an original RX10 on the RX10-IV?

I want a sensibly priced gun that raises the head well above the lens and I've noticed quite a few offerings with brand-names like Meike and Neewer that definitely pick up the micro-contacts in the front of the RX10's shoe. I had a Meike gun a few years back, picked it up as part of an R1 bundle I bought on eBay, and the build quality was very good, plus I have a set of their extension tubes for my Nikon 1 V3 and they also are nicely made, so I figured to take the plunge on one of their flash models.

I don't need any fancy features, just a solid, reliable unit tall enough to get the flash head well above the lens and with the usual tilt and swivel setup. Meikes of that style are available in the £35-50 price range.

-- hide signature --

Ed Form

edform's gear list:edform's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 +2 more
Nikon 1 V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
kli
kli
kli
kli
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow