"Please turn camera off and on again"

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Davijoh Junior Member • Posts: 33
"Please turn camera off and on again"

Hello everybody,

I know that issue has been discussed before, but my problem seems a bit different.

A bit less than one year ago I bought a Panasonic G85 which I have been really happy with until a few days ago.

My problem is: everytime I try to take a photo, I get the following message "please turn camera off and on again". I did so, I changed the battery, the SD card but the problem remains. The strange thing is that the picture is actually taken and saved on the SD card. Also, I can grab video without any problem.

I noticed that the problem disappears when I turn the electronic shutter on, so it seems to be a problem linked to the shutter..

I got surprised by a wave while sitting on a boat, the day before the problem occured, so I am afraid that somehow, sea water could have found its way inside. But would it mess with the shutter that way ?

Also, I read that updating the firmware sometimes solves the problem, but surprisingly the camera doesn't seem to find the update on the SD card..

I am travelling right now and it's quite difficult to find a proper camera shop around here, that's why I am asking for some help here. I am thinking on shooting with the electronic shutter on, but I still would like to know what's the issue as my warranty will be over during my trip.

Any thoughts?  Thank you in advance!

Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow