16mm 1.4 or 23mm 1.4 for street photography at night?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RenaudS Junior Member • Posts: 33
16mm 1.4 or 23mm 1.4 for street photography at night?

I own a XT-10 and two Fuji lenses, the 14mm 2.8, my favourite, and the 35mm 1.4, that I barely use except for portraits, being more a wide angle shooter, and because also I find it too slow focusing for street photography (I am not that good at manual zone focusing, and I usually shoot at big apertures, which is more unforgiving).

I love to take city pictures at night, but for now I am using my MFT gear. The combination of fast lenses (1.7) and ISIS is great. However, I feel that sometimes I would gladly have a bit more DR, so I am also considering adding a 16mm 1.4 or a 23mm 1.4 to my Fuji. With my experience in MFT gear, I know that lenses are not equal when taking pictures at night, especially to avoid flare.

Obviously, the 23mm is smaller, lighter and cheaper, but do you have experiences to share for street photography at night using the 23mm and the 16mm?

RenaudS's gear list:RenaudS's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus E-M5 II Fujifilm X-T10 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow