Lytro Illum $299 today

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
OpticsEngineer Veteran Member • Posts: 6,384
Lytro Illum $299 today

For the next 23 hours BandHPhoto has the Lytro Illum for $200 off. If you are interested in playing with light field technology. I learned a few optical things with mine.

Or you could get one as an illustrative example of industrial designers making something look cool to themselves at the expense of good ergonomic design (painfully awkward and slippery grip, invisible buttons). Almost all the industrial designers I work with regularly are excellent at understanding customer workflow, but I have also worked with the other kind who think it is only about making stuff look cool. So I have found it handy to have samples like the Illum as examples of what not to do.

By the way, a Pentax K01 with 40 mm pancake lens by industrial designer Marc Newson is an example of remarkably good industrial design. That side by side with an Illum makes a nice contrast.

OpticsEngineer's gear list:OpticsEngineer's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Pentax *ist D +22 more
Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow