Is the D7200 or D7500 Good For a Very Beginner and Lens Question

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MikeyBugs95
MikeyBugs95 Regular Member • Posts: 222
Is the D7200 or D7500 Good For a Very Beginner and Lens Question

I've already been moderately indoctrinated into the DSLR world (Pentax K-70. Yes I know, boo hiss Pentax hiss boo) but a relative is now also looking to get a DSLR. She is a very beginner with her only experience having been using cell phones and an old camcorder that no longer works. She is now set on the D7200 or 7500 so my question is this: Are either of these cameras good for a bare bones beginner with no SLR/DSLR experience? (I had the benefit of taking a class so I could kind of get her going on the basics.) She mostly plans on doing landscapes and occasionally portraiture.

I am also wondering about the lenses that would be best to start out with. I understand that for landscape an ultra-wide or wider angle (at least wider than the standard 18-xxmm lenses) are useful, if not needed. But what lenses would be best for a beginner of this type with little disposable income camera body and first lens not withstanding (A shop nearby can sell a 7200 and refurb 18-140 together for under $1,000)? Most, if not all, of the gold ring lenses are probably out because of their expensive nature.

MikeyBugs95's gear list:MikeyBugs95's gear list
Pentax K-3 II Pentax K-70 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL II (IF) Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED +9 more
Nikon D7200 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow