V3 Focussing Challenges

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Justin9999 Regular Member • Posts: 254
V3 Focussing Challenges

I am sorting through focusing challenges with my V3.  My most recent is a failure to focus of a face while the face was locked-in.  The yellow square surrounded the face, but the face was obviously not in focus.  I took multiple autofocus pictures and could not get the face in focus.  I closely watched the yellow square to see if it was moving off the face, but it was surely remaining on the face.

I have two images attached.  One is the image from autofocus, where the face was locked-in via face recognition.  The second image is where I went into manual focus and got a much improved focus on the face.  Both of these images are shot with the 32mm, f/1.2, 1/60 shutter, 160 ISO, and tripod mounted.

I have also experienced times where the face was locked-in, but then the autofocus quickly moved somewhere else as I went from a half pressed shutter button to a fully pressed button.  This happens enough, that I often use the touch-screen to focus on faces rather than rely on face recognition.

Should I get my camera serviced under warranty, or do I need to learn something here?

Autofocus with face recognition securely locked on (yellow square surrounded the face).

Manual focused on the eye on the left side of this image.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow