Own 80d. Should I buy a 5d or 6d?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dslrphotography36
Dslrphotography36 Regular Member • Posts: 121
Own 80d. Should I buy a 5d or 6d?

I own a Canon 80d, and I love it.

I am interested in getting a "full frame project camera" for some full frame lenses that I plan on getting soon and I know that ff lenses perform better on ff cameras than aps-c cameras. I know I wont be using the full frame camera as much as my 80d because I need the 1.6 reach.

If I had a small budget should I buy the 5d classic mark i or the 6d mark i?

I am interested in getting the full frame for portrait work (not professionally) and didnt know what would be better? I have my pros and cons for each camera, let me know if I missed something important or have advice for me!

5d classic pros:

-Cheaper

-Apparently alot of people say the 5d classic has a certain look that was lost in newer 5d models, Jamie Windsorlikes the 5d classic. I want that look!

6d pros:

- Newer, more features, and better resolution.

- better high iso than 5d classic, and possible better than my 80d ( I dont know?)

5d classic cons:

- worse high iso? How much differnece would my 80d be to the 5d classic? does the newer camera beat the older full frame?

- 12 megapixels dont bother me. not a con.

6d cons:

-more expensive

-might not have same look as the 5d classic?

verdict?

I need your help... Should go for better high iso over 5d classic legendary image quality or do I get the 5d classic and not go too high on the iso?

Please let me know what you think? thanks!

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow