Nikon Lens error "eRR"

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
albert01 Regular Member • Posts: 105
Nikon Lens error "eRR"

I recently purchased a used Sigma lens online from camera store for my Nikon D80.

Current lenses are:

AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED lens
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II Zoom Lens
* Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 DL Macro Super AF Lens

The new used lens is the * Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 DL Macro Super AF Lens (200-300mm macro)

I've used this lens before with the D80 and it has worked great without any problems. This is another Sigma lens recently picked up to replace my previous Sigma with dust and dirt problems.

The current Sigma lens appears very clean and in good condition however after some use I found it has some sort of connection problem with the D80, as after using a while it produces an ERR usually after the cameras been turned off then back on.

This error doesn't occur with my other two lenses and never occurred with the other Sigma lens used previously.

So far I've cleaned both the Sigma Lens mount and contacts of the  D80 and the Sigma lens with a lens microfiber cloth, which did pickup some dirt around the lens mount. (currently the lens contacts on both the Sigma lens and D80 appear to be very clean)

However even after the cleaning, the Sigma lens continues to  intermittently produce this lens ERR, usually after used for a while where the camera is turned off for a while then on again.

I'm planning on sending the lens back to the camera store for a refund or replacement but am wondering if there's anything else I should inspect or do before sending it back?

I've used SLR lenses in the past, however this is my first DSLR with DSLR lenses so my familiarity isn't great other than their SLR type lenses.

The D80 hasn't ever produced  lens error in the past and hasn't produce any errors when used with my other two lenses.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow