Book recommendation: Arthur Meyerson "The Journey"

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat
Ellis Vener
Ellis Vener Veteran Member • Posts: 7,655
Book recommendation: Arthur Meyerson "The Journey"

Just received my copy of Arthur Meyerson's latest book #The_Journey. Two things immediately surprised me as I picked it up and opened it for the first time: The heft of it - there was no scrimping on paper stock, bindign and cover. here! And then my brain was hit by the intoxicating smell of the ink.

The images in this book are beautiful, some of them profoundly so. But I had no doubts they would be as I've known Arthur for 36 years and I have known his work for even longer than that longer than that. But the reproductions make the book itself a piece of art.

Thank you Arthur. Thank you for being such a great photographer and thank you for being friendly to a know nothing pup when he first hit Houston. I never worked for you, but over the years I have learned so much from you and not just about what a photograph might be.

And thank you to Lowell Williams who designed the book, and to Anne Wilkes Tucker for curating it. I learned a lot from the two of you as well. and thank you to the craftsmen and women who made this book a thing of beauty.

-- hide signature --

Ellis Vener
To see my work please visit http://www.ellisvener.com
And follow me on instagram @therealellisv

Ellis Vener's gear list:Ellis Vener's gear list
Nikon D850
All forumsForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow