Why I upgraded from the A7R2 to the A7R3

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Xterrapixel
Xterrapixel New Member • Posts: 9
Why I upgraded from the A7R2 to the A7R3

1. FAST! Startup, responsiveness, bursts, BETTER AF in even poor light (FASTER than the A7R2)
2. Dual Card slot (I been waiting and longing for this since leaving the Canon 5DMk3) Simply for redundancy and also if a card fails (hope its not the card I write my RAW files to ; but at least I have the jpeg files)
3. GPS connectivity!!!! Finally Sony did what Olympus had done or what my clunky GPS tracker did on the Canon 5DMk3. Connect directly with my phone and write GPS data direct to its RAW files and jpeg files! Hurray. No more tracking seperate GPS log and later aligning it with the time stamp!!! Plus when its connected to the Sony App it sets the time of your destination country (time zone)

4. A BETTER more Gorgeous EVF!
5. AF Joystick makes selecting the AF point much easier now!
6. A BETTER Battery!!! HURRAY no more switching every day! or every half day!
7. Hopefully better weather sealing (But during heavy rains I prefer to stay home and cozy anyway)

along with huge improvements in video quality over base ISO

And as a perk some photos with my NEW A7R3 of my Colombia trip

-- hide signature --
 Xterrapixel's gear list:Xterrapixel's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony Alpha a7R III Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow