GR ii TAv firmware bug?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Olifaunt Contributing Member • Posts: 547
GR ii TAv firmware bug?

Today was a one in a million for street photography. I got about five almost consecutive perfectly framed images of interesting subjects with great composition. This NEVER happens.

But when I reviewed them, I found that TAv had randomly reset itself to F2.8 1/60, which needless to say is not my street setting and of course meant all the shots were completely ruined.

This has happened before. At random times TAv will forget my setting and reset itself to something unusable such as the above, usually when the Angel Gabriel comes down from heaven and gives me the perfect subject on a golden platter. It drives me insane. Does anybody know what is going on with this? Does one of the buttons on the camera perhaps does this when accidentally brushed? Or is it just a bug? Right now it is seriously making me want to sell the camera.

Ricoh GR II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow