RX10 II after 30 months

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Flat view
joecan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,924
RX10 II after 30 months

Hello everyone,

it's been a while when I posted last time - and I feel to share my impressions about the RX 10  II after using it for 30 months.

I bought the camera mostly for recording moments and subjects in our holidays, and having a light camera capable to go from macro and also to get closer to some subject with the 200 mm tele.

Of course the newer versions (III and IV) are better - in the same time to have a heavier camera will change back the setup, and in that case I could just take the Nikon DSLR with some wonderful lenses...

I said macro, because with some adapters I could take great photos with some close-up lenses:

I found the camera excel in landscape photography, day or night. Here are a few samples:

Until I discovered the "Night Scene" mode in the Sony I almost never shot in jpeg format.

But this is maybe the biggest (at least for me) thing in this camera. Shooting in low light conditions, when and where the use of tripod is not possible (or permitted..)

I am using handheld the Night Scene mode with confidence that in low light conditions:

Rarely I am using the camera for people photography, but those are more personal, however one I would like to share with you is this :-):

Hope you did not get bored with my photos, the reason was to show these images to say my view and that might help somebody to take a decision in buying a camera.

Conclusion: I love the camera, and not planning to change it. If get broken I will get maybe another model, but for now I am a happy user.

Best regards

joecan's gear list:joecan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony RX10 II Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +3 more
Sony RX10 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow