Love or Logic?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PeractoPaulo New Member • Posts: 14
Love or Logic?

Greetings Earthlings.

I am a budding photographer with some extra cash that would like to move from APS-C to full frame.

My options seem to have boiled down to 6dmkii & 5Dmkiii. I have watched every comparison video, read hours for articles and handwritten comparison charts with point ratings that always come back different but the same.

I am 33 and into my tech, I have the flippy screen, I have never vlogged or done video but I can with the 700D if I want.

I crave landscapes, low light ND filtered fields of foggy fun.

Astrophotography with the Samyang.

Macro with my extension tubes.

portraits and sneaky street photography.

I currently own:

Canon EOS 700D (Rebel T5i)

Lens:

Canon EF 50mm(80.1) 1:1.8 ii

Filter thread 52mm

-

Canon EF 70-300mm(112.7-483) 1:4-5.6 L IS USM+ET73B

Filter thread 67mm

-

Canon macro EF 100mm(161) 1:2.8 USM

Filter thread 58mm

-

Canon EF 16-35mm() f/4L IS USM

Filter thread 82mm

-

Canon EF-S 18-135mm(28.98-217.35) f/3.5-5.6 IS+EW73B

Filter thread 67mm

-

Samyang 14mm(22.5) f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC

Filter thread n/a

So my dilemma...

Do I follow logic and buy the 6D mkii with its WIFI/NFS, flippy screen goodness, its dark romance with poor dynamic range and AF thievery from the 80D. Its got timelapse but I have an intervalometer,

Or do I follow love and buy the 5Dmkiii, its heavier- good. its got a big booty of AF spread, it won't let you down with double slots, itty bitty bigger LCD screen and there is something pure about it but its also old. I have never even had the opportunity to hold a 5dmkiii...

It is a lot of money but it is a passion

Logic or Love?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i) Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow