Full frame to Panasonic G9 Have I lost the plot?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pixel boy Contributing Member • Posts: 957
Full frame to Panasonic G9 Have I lost the plot?

Having had many Full Frame cameras I have been tempted for many years to move to MFT but, the risk of losing too much IQ and increased noise has kept me lugging around the heavy gear.

I mainly shoot wildlife and Landscape and currently have a Nikon D850 with a 50mm f1.8 lens. I wanted to just see how the IS was before I launched into expensive lenses. I have had it for a few weeks and loaned a 200-500 for some BIF

My dilemma is to get the most out of that big sensor my technique and lens options have to be first class. Although I consider myself a good photographer I don't do paid work of travel the world on safari etc. So luging a heavy tripod, mirror up etc etc isn't fun for me.

So in theory the G9 ticks lots if boxes but after being used to the big fat full frame pixels will my pixel peeping give me buyers remorse?

I would apprdciate any advise from anyone who has gone through the same transition.

I assume fast lenses and Opitical Stabilisation will help avoid noise???

Looking at the 12- 60 and 100-400

Thanks

Pixel Boy

Pixel boy's gear list:Pixel boy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-T100 Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +1 more
Nikon D850 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Yxa
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NCV
NCV
NCV
sbu
sbu
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow