Dilemma

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Felice62 Senior Member • Posts: 1,056
Dilemma

Hi all,

I have a small N1 system (V2 + J5 +10-30+30-110) that I use seldom, although it fulfills quite well my expectations, mainly because of its compactness associated to a fairly acceptable IQ.

Now I have a question I would like to ask you as likely ‘serious’ N1 users

I am planning to leave for a 10 days safari with my family (including 2 young children) to Botswana.

My need is to pack the lightest acceptable set of gear and hopefully get some decent wildlife shots.

My options:

Take my m43 gear and that demands very little investment (need to purchase a 1.4 teleconverter for my 40-150 pro zoom to allow for the extra reach).

Or do it with the N1 systtem with the addition of a 70-300cx?

This is fairly more expensive than buying Olympus MC-14 but, on the other hand, the three lenses (10-30 + 30-110 + 70-300) would likely cover all my needs).

Is it worth investing 800€ in a ‘dead’ system?

Also none of the N1 bodies or lenses are rugged enough to withstand the harsh environment they’d be used in..

So what is your honest opinion in this respect?

Thanks to all of you taking the time to reply.

Felice

-- hide signature --

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Felice62's gear list:Felice62's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Olympus Tough TG-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +26 more
Nikon 1 J5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow