Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
Flat view
Ionut Ignat
Ionut Ignat New Member • Posts: 19

How a camera should be like?

Bulky, tiny, light, white, black, fast, inconspicuous, expensive, cheap, silent, with a big sensor, with a small sensor, with many megapixels, with additional features, just photography specifications?

How the photographer using the camera should be?

Should I be able to see things unseen, to catch a moment’s life and death, to place my inner darkness and light into my work, to seek inspiration in everything I see and feel, to seek originality in a time when the wheel has been long invented?

Should I be able to experiment through what I am the world I live in without getting distracted by my camera?

A tailor crafts the clothes to perfectly match the person wearing them. More, there is a symbiotic relation between these two organisms and at that moment they are the same. No more, no less, but a beautiful marriage of desires and actual experience. And only then I can fully trust my companion. My camera.

The following photos have been taken in October 2017, in a two week test session of Olympus equipment kindly granted me by Olympus Romania.

The setup used consisted of OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 300mm f/4.0 IS Pro ED, Olympus MC-14 and Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8.

Red miracle

in the

immortal nature.

Misty roads

on which we will run

man, boat, red.

Fiery snow

sifted and melted

above the grass.

Continuously bombinating

unceasing running

in silence.

From the middle

into the middle comes

great wonder.

On a field of stars

returning from nowhere

How convenient

everything seems hidden

in plain sight.

Shapes are joining

our dance

harmonious accords start.

Who is carrying me

who is by my side

when a straw is the pillar.

The identity

of whom is on the right side

is ambiguous.

Ionut Ignat's gear list:Ionut Ignat's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 40D
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II
20 megapixels • 3 screen • Four Thirds sensor
Announced: Sep 19, 2016
Ionut Ignat's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
Action / sports
Landscapes / scenery
Low light (without flash)
Flash photography (social)
Studio / still life
= community average
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow