Flash, Better Beamer, and Brackets

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gareth Rasberry
Gareth Rasberry New Member • Posts: 7
Flash, Better Beamer, and Brackets

I recently purchased a Nikon SB900 and better beamer flash extender for wildlife photography. I am slowly learning techniques for this system. I have heard from others as well as experienced myself that a flash bracket is necessary for a better-beamer set up. The flash and extender droop down just enough to offset the flash beam, and I found that holding the flash head up with my other hand makes the beam hit the target like it's supposed to. I handhold when I am in the field, and I need a bracket that is light yet study, that can be used on a handheld wildlife setup. Currently I am using the Nikon D500 and Tamron 150-600 (soon to be Nikon 200-500). Does anyone have any experience with handholding a similar setup? Or ways to keep the flash head from drooping? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gareth Rasberry's gear list:Gareth Rasberry's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow