Working in DX mode on the D750

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 1,875
Working in DX mode on the D750

When working in the DX mode on the D750 (and this probably applies to the D800-series and D600-series too), if you use a full frame lens, let's say a 100mm FF lens, does using DX model give you the same effective focal view as if it was mounted on a DX body?  (ie. 150mm equivalent view utilizing the 1.5x crop)?

I don't ever use this mode, but someone suggested using it with the Tamron 150-600mm G2 lens for extra focal "reach" which I didn't think that was how DX mode work when using a normal FF lens on the D750.  I thought it was more of a "compatibility" mode for DX lenses, and would work "normally" on FF glass, you'd just lose some of the sensor area as it would be focusing towards the DX format area of the sensor and not the full FF sensor area.

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +10 more
Nikon D750 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow