Funky OOF with the D850

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
VR597 Regular Member • Posts: 106
Funky OOF with the D850

Good evening everyone,

Last Saturday it was pretty cold here in Illinois so I decided to go the zoo and take some pix at the indoor bird exhibits. The light was not very good and to be honest I was just playing around with the new camera and the camera settings. I was using my 70-200 FL and most of the time wide open. I was shooting manual and auto ISO with the cap at 8000.  For the most part it did about what I expected coming from a D810 except when I was shooting a pair of red Macaws ( I think that's what they are ) with a very busy background. I have never seen an OOF like this. I'm sure it's user error but it looks so weird. I also included 2 more pix of another bird ( different exhibit ) that came out fine. Also 1 more ( black with an orange beak ) from the same exhibit ( same busy background ) with the Macaws but it was in FX mode. The first three were in DX mode. I did some PP on the last three but nothing to the one with the Macaws. Can anyone explain why it looks like this?  Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jake.

VR597's gear list:VR597's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +7 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow