X-S1 DR1600% and HighISO (2500)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
babha Regular Member • Posts: 325
X-S1 DR1600% and HighISO (2500)

Hardly ever I have used more than DR400% from X-S1´s EXR-Sensor. So I wanted to give even more DR% a try ...

Before going as high as DR1600% I tried lower settings, but always got blown highlights or BLACK shadows.

Setting was: natural light coming through the window and a rather weak (4W warm LED) lamp from above. Of course no flash. One of my dogs, Gina, is black and white, which is a challenge on its own (mostly SOME parts of her "white" are blown, specially in direct sun, OR the rest of the picture becomes too dark.

I am really surprised and happy how well X-S1 with it´s tiny sensor has handled this situation! Sure, it´s "just" a 6MP-file ... but my X-A1, otherwise a jewel of small camera, would have troubles to cover this amount of contrast!

To my eyes details are still satisfying, noise is well controlled = very good performance.

Another one from my little girl Milou. X-S1 choose DR200%, camera was set to DR AUTO in EXR mode. It wasn´t enough, as there are blown areas.  ISO2500 was necessary, and I think X-S1 has given a great result! Again: still good details, noise well controlled

(All three pictures SOOC no pp)

What do you think?

Best regards

Manfred

-- hide signature --
 babha's gear list:babha's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S9100 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 +2 more
Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow