Can't find perfect online photo gallery

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fotografffic Contributing Member • Posts: 978
Can't find perfect online photo gallery

I'm looking for a photo gallery for a group that has about 5-6 events a year where photos are taken. Members are not sophisticated computer users, and that's putting it mildly.

I've tried two photo hosting services and here's what I like/dislike about each.

Pbase - more than happy to post photos for the group in my pbase account. Main strong point is that I can create subfolders, which I really need. "Free" using my account. Give members only one link, and they can access all sub-galleries.

Drawbacks - I don't want to give out my password if another member of the group would like to post photos. Also, pbase can be quite difficult to navigate for those not familiar with it. Don't want to have to constantly explain. Plus, the group will survive me and then they'll have no way to add photos.

Google photos - Free. Created a separate account so password can be shared with a few others who will upload images.

Drawbacks - I really thought this would work but I can't create subfolders (where is Picasa when you need it?!) That means, for every event, a separate album has to be created and separate links have to be given to group members. It won't be easy to go back and find photos of a particular event a year later. I am not sure shared folders would work.

Flickr - I used to have a Flickr account but gave it up years ago. However, I do visit it and it is so annoying, constantly nagging you to join. I don't want group members to be nagged when they visit an album (not sure either is you can make sub-albums.

Facebook - no thanks!

Any other options/suggestions, or am I looking for the impossible? Thank you!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow