Skin Tones X-Pro2 vs X-Pro1

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sgt gatr
sgt gatr Regular Member • Posts: 465
Skin Tones X-Pro2 vs X-Pro1

Hey everyone. 
I have had an X-Pro2 for about 1 year now and absolutely love it. Recently I saw an X-Pro1 with an 18mm f2 for sale and a "too good to be true" price that ended up being true. I have been playing with it for the last few days and have been pleasantly surprised buy this little camera. The AF single point seems to be really good and is actually very snappy. Its obviously worse then the X-Pro2 but not as bad as I had read.

Now for the question. The skin tones on the X-Pro1 appear to be miles ahead of X-Pro2. The X-Pro2 skin tones are very red/magenta while the X-Pro1 are much more pleasing. I have shot in raw and Jpeg for comparisons using the exact same setting for each. I sat my wife down and asked her which ones she liked better. She didn't know which camera was used for what pictures and out of, say 15 pictures or so, she has chosen the X-Pro1 every single time. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have them both on STD Jpeg, auto white balance, same aperture (f2.8), same shutter speed, and same ISO. I just can't believe the difference I am seeing. I will post some comparisons later but at the moment I only have pictures of my kid, which I don't like posting.

Thanks in advance

sgt gatr's gear list:sgt gatr's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow