Replacement RX10iv MUCH BETTER.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JPEG Shooter Senior Member • Posts: 1,236
Replacement RX10iv MUCH BETTER.

For those that may be interested, I was able to get out today and do some brick wall testing with my replacement RX10iv. It was kind of windy, which pi$$ed me off so I didn't have high hopes for the results. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Even with the breeze, this camera produces MUCH sharper images at f4 than the one I sent back. Still not quite as sharp as those taken at f5.6, but I'm thinking this is as good as everyone else has.

I'm pretty shocked at how many lemons Sony has produced with this camera. I mean, mine was bad, but some have been absolutely horrible as pointed out by a contributor to my previous post...

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4221264

Maybe some of you aren't surprised, but I don't recall ever hearing of so many, really bad cameras getting past the supposed QC of a company.

I hope to get out and do some regular shooting tomorrow to see how it performs in the field. For now, these are from today's test.  Note that I just copied and pasted into the template from the first test so the EXIF, if it shows, is not correct.

Setup:  Approx 50ft from wall.  Tripod, SS off, multi metering, ISO100, Aperture Priority, 0EV, 10s timer

These are 100% crops of the center of the frame...

Because this is a composite, the EXIF is not correct and should be ignored. Date taken is today.

Because this is a composite, the EXIF is not correct and should be ignored. Date taken is today.

Compared to the test with the first camera...

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60577535

these are markedly better.

Sure would like to see a similar test from some of you that have 'perfect' cameras.  It's a simple test and doesn't take very long to perform.

-- hide signature --

JPEG Shooter

JPEG Shooter's gear list:JPEG Shooter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Fujifilm X-S1 Olympus Tough TG-3 Sony RX10 IV Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow