Some misc D850 questions

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PHXAZCRAIG
PHXAZCRAIG Forum Pro • Posts: 14,139
Some misc D850 questions

1. I still see no firmware updates for the Pocket Wizard Flex TT5 devices to work with the D850.  Has anyone tried the latest current beta or released firmware to see if anything works with the D850?

2. Does the last Nikon CODEX display D850 NEF's, on Windows?  Not working for me here.

3. Any new reports of fixes (firmware) or workarounds for AF issues with Sigma lenses?  (Or has Sigma released firmware for their lenses that fixes the issue)?  I've only had it happen once, so far, but it wasn't fun.  I have only one Sigma lens, the 35 F1.4 ART.  While it normally has worked fine on the D850, the other night I put the lens on the D850 and it ... refused to autofocus!  I checked focus settings on both camera and lens, and I was unable to get it to work.  I just put a different lens on and sat the Sigma for the night.

The next day I picked up the Sigma, mounted it, and AF worked fine.   This matches other reports I've read were Sigma lenses would randomly quit autofocusing until you removed the lens (and battery in some cases) and remounted lens and battery.

4. I've not really gotten into any AF automatic tuning, partly because I don't have an L-bracket yet, so not easy to attach camera to my tripod.  (ARCA-Swiss mount).   But I tried to test it out the other day on a table top, and when I pressed the 2-button combo to start AF tuning, the camera gave me a message like 'operation can't be done at this time'.

What are the requirements to get automated AFFT working?

5. I hear there is a plugin for Lightroom to display the chosen focus point.  Does this apply to Lightroom Classic?   Does it show the inital or actually-used focus point?

-- hide signature --

Phoenix Arizona Craig
www.cjcphoto.net

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +37 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow