Struggling with EVF lag on my GX85

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DWR845 New Member • Posts: 14
Struggling with EVF lag on my GX85

Hello all,

I've looked through the forum trying to find a solution with no luck, so apologies if this has already been covered.

I've been using the GX85 for about one month now, and I'm very frustrated by the lag when shooting my son's soccer matches. In short, what I'm seeing through the EVF is lagging well behind the real-time action (e.g. I'm pressing the shutter when the foot is striking the ball, but on review, the shot captured has the ball almost out of the frame).

I have tried numerous setting changes, including using "Clear Sports Shot" in scene mode. Generally I'm shooting in S mode, with the SS around 800 or above, but I have tried all modes to fix this with no luck. Focus mode is AFC, but I've tried them all. Turning off shutter focus, and using the AF/lock button to focus might help a little, but not really. Half press should achieve the same results.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any solutions are greatly appreciated.  The camera body and lens ( Panasonic 45 - 200 ) have the software up to date. My Ricoh GR and Fujifilm superzoom have no noticeable lag, so I'm assuming that it's a settings issue, not a technology issue. I'm really enjoying the form factor and other features of the GX85, but this EVF lag is not acceptable.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow