AF Comparison D750/D850 (coming from a D7000)

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CowZ New Member • Posts: 2
AF Comparison D750/D850 (coming from a D7000)

Hi there,

I hope I haven't missed any thread covering this topic, if so, please link and I feel sorry

I currently shoot with a D7000 and am happy but for two things: My lenses would suit a fullformat camera better and the AF sometimes is too slow (esp. for dog agility).

So now I'd like to change my gear to a Nikon FX (enough lenses that a change to e.g. Sony would be to costy). I wonder now, if a D750 would make me happy enough to save 2k€ or if I should buy a D850 instead (larger spread, presumably better AF).

I am a bit at loss, because I can't find any comparisons online and can try both cameras only in-store (no dogs there, though). Maybe one of you has or had both cameras and can compare.

If I'd the D7000's AF system a 100 points, at what number would you rate the D750 and the D850? I have fast lenses (mainly the Tamron SP 70-200/f2.8).

I do not see the need for any other features of the D850. Sure, larger buffer would be nice, but I can live well with the D7000-buffer, which is even smaller than the one of the D750 and can print large enough with 16MP.

I hope you can help me with my selection, thanks in advance,

Yours, Lasse

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000 Nikon D750 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow