Advice on new lens for 80D

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
moose974 New Member • Posts: 10
Advice on new lens for 80D

Hey guys, I'm new to the Canon platform having just switched from a D5300 to an 80D. I enjoy mostly landscape photography, as well as street & travel photography and recently decided to start making some travel videos - hence the switch to the 80D.

Anyway long story short, I have a trade-in offer for my old lens leaving me with about £400.

My current setup is 80D + 18-55mm IS USM kit lens + 50mm f1.8

I was pretty set on adding the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 for around £600, but wanted to ask what people recommend. For the price of the Sigma I could buy the Canon 10-18mm + Canon 24mm f2.8 + Canon 85mm f1.8.

I've heard so many good reviews for the Sigma despite lacking IS. I'm just wondering what people recommend for a recreational consumer looking to buy fairly versatile lens that would allow me to shoot crisp photos and videos of travelling/landscape/street/my dog/food/at the gym.

Option 1: Canon 10-18mm + Canon 24mm f2.8 + Canon 85mm f1.8 (On top of my 18-55mm kit + 50mm f1.8)

Option 2: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 (On top of my 18-55mm kit + 50mm f1.8)

Appreciate the help guys.

Canon EOS 80D Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow