Need your help with this blurry picture please - XT2, 50-140

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Flat view
N4865G Regular Member • Posts: 287
Need your help with this blurry picture please - XT2, 50-140

Good day,

I would like to ask your kind help in evaluating the problem in the below picture.

Please make sure you inspect in zoomed-in to 100%.

I use XT2 with 50-140 and 1.4TC converter to extend its reach. This lens is phenomenally sharp when used in any other situation, including lots of indoor sports of my kids.

I am attempting to catch fly-by aircraft in the air hoping to get a sharp picture.

Below picture is the sharpest SOOC JPEG of approximately 50 pictures I took of this A380 aircraft flying alongside our aircraft for few minutes.

As the relative speed was almost zero flying alongside each other the in-focus picture should easily be achieved.

I tried single square AFC, zone AFC and single AFS, all high-speed burst and all pictures turn out to be more or less blurry.

As there is plenty of ambient light (in fact very bright indeed), I end up achieving SS of 2000 easily with a stepped-down aperture to make sure most of the target would be in focus.

My suspicion is the cockpit window, which is multi-layered, plexiform, heated and curved surface causing picture distortion.

I would be grateful for your comments - have I reached the limit of photographic technology here?

This is the sharpest shot, looks reasonable, but zoomed-in to 100% shows a lot of blur...

N4865G's gear list:N4865G's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow