With multiple lenses, how do you do it?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
progo Regular Member • Posts: 199
With multiple lenses, how do you do it?

How do people manage different lenses while on the go? Aren't you going to be miserable if you have a 50mm equiv on your body and then a fleeting scene comes by which would have been perfect, if composed in 28mm equiv? This is at least how I see the whole ordeal of carrying different lenses on me and trying to hope I won't "need to change".

Zooms? Zooms are one great honking idea, but sadly they haven't made a zoom small enough to suit my needs, for street photography. There are times when you don't have to shoot candid, where you don't have to be invisible. When you canbe visible, then, hell, two bodies with one with 12-40 Pro and the other with 40-150 Pro would be the way to go. The good thing about m43 is that extra bodies are cheap!

Since I ditched my Canon 5Dm2 (didn't have much love for it, at all) I have favored big-sensor compact cameras with fixed prime lenses on them. Fuji with its 23 (35mm equiv) and Leica Q with its 28mm. I just love how liberating it is not to worry about having the "wrong lens" on the body because the one I have with me is also the only one! But there are plenty of scenes that could use way longer or sometimes wider compositions. I like how croppable the Leica images can be, but it's not the solution to every situation.

How do you see it, have you overcome similar fears or do you just embrace the great zoom lenses that m43 has to offer? Perhaps you even have techniques to share? Closest that I can imagine is that you go out with one lens only and you focus on making the focal length work for you for that day.

progo's gear list:progo's gear list
Canon PowerShot A530 Leica Q Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Venus Laowa 7.5mm F2 MFT
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow