Just bought A D750 - "REFURBISHED by NIKON' - for $1310.36

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gordon Ripley
Gordon Ripley Contributing Member • Posts: 596
Just bought A D750 - "REFURBISHED by NIKON' - for $1310.36

I only mention this because I was/am worried about how many shutter activations this camera has.  I contacted NIKON to see if they could tell me and they said that they do not track shutter activations.   Strange, since on almost all occasions I have seen where someone was going to buy a used camera buyers seem to always want to know how many activations were on the shutter.  I trust Nikon that the camera will be mechanically ok but I also know that the camera could show some wear and could possibly have a high shutter count.  The "rub" is that once I open the box it cannot be returned!!!   So, I took a chance.  The price sounded great.  In fact, until 1/31/18 all of their refurbished equipment is being offered at 10% off the price that is shown on their site.  A new D750 is selling for $1796.95 so I saved 27% less than the cost of a new D750.   I kept in mind that with this purchase I do NOT get any of the other pieces of gear in the box of a new one!  I do get a 90 day warranty.  I am  FORTUNATE in that I already own Nikon D750 so I already have the charger, battery, etc.

So, bottom line is "Do you think I made a good decision?

Thanks for comments.

Gordon

Gordon Ripley's gear list:Gordon Ripley's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D4S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow