Debating between 80D and 77D

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Steve Balcombe Forum Pro • Posts: 12,585
Re: Debating between 80D and 77D

PerfectMark wrote:

When deciding between the 80D/77D, I personally went with the 77D in the end because it has Digital IS for video and is smaller. Means I can use my 50 1.4 hand-held and find it generally does a better job compared to trying to stabilise the footage in my video editor (I suspect the camera is using the onboard sensors to help with the IS). For the other features (like MFA), I don't plan on using old lenses with the camera (and the 50 1.4 provide nice sharp images), so don't really need it.

I think there may be a misunderstanding here. AF microadjustment doesn't affect video or Live View AF, only traditional phase-detect AF i.e. when using the optical viewfinder.

It's irrelevant whether you will use old lenses (and BTW the 50/1.4 is a very old lens, dating from 1993) as any lens could potentially benefit from AFMA - but if you only plan to use the camera for video then you are right, if for the wrong reason.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow