LG PF50KA - potentially the best mobile projector for MACs coming

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
joger
joger Veteran Member • Posts: 4,520
LG PF50KA - potentially the best mobile projector for MACs coming

LG announced at CES2018 last week the HU80K UHD projector - as a side remark (last sentence) they also indicated the PF50KA:

Also on display will be LG’s latest version of its portable and convenient MiniBeam Projector (model PF50K), featuring webOS 3.5 and Full HD resolution

After a lengthy research I found following information:

• 600 ANSI Lumen
  • Full HD 1080P
  • USB-Type C for charging and images
  • 4 h battery life
  • compact design - should be 150 x 150 x 45 mm
  • weight probably around 1 kg
  • price potentially around 700-800 EUR

here's a snapshot of the new projector:

The interesting stuff is 4h battery life plus USB-C plus 1920x1080 pixel.

600 ANSI lumen should be plenty of light for a 40-60" 'portable display'

I will definitely give this device a try as an ultra mobile display - very tempting due to size, weight and capabilities and with USB-C only one type of cables are neccessary.

I'd love to have a 2nd screen to my 13" laptop always with me and of course also for films and business presentations in smaller groups.

With webOS 3.5 the projector can be used as TV replacement when traveling and as a very capable Netflix and Amazon Prime Hub.

Last but not least one or two loudspeakers are built in.

Very very very tempting for me and probably exactly what I was looking for the pst years.

Will keep you updated once I get further information.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." Douglas Adams

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R III Leica APO-Telyt-M 135mm f/3.4 ASPH Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow