choosing a system for the long haul

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
theoctagon New Member • Posts: 12
choosing a system for the long haul

Hi, I want to start by saying I am very new to all of this.  With that, i have been looking to get into taking photos beyond my Samsung s7.  Since starting my search I have gone full circle about 20 times on what to get.  Whatever format and camera I choose I would like to know it will be around for the long haul.

I'm not opposed to any certain brand as long as its somewhat compact.  It doesn't have to be tiny as I have fairly big hands but I don't want to be carrying around a huge camera all the time.  So far there are a few standouts, but I don't know if I'm going overboard on some choices ( will I notice the difference in sensor sizes that much?)

Here is what I have been researching over and over and over

Fujifilm-  love the vintage look and the controls mostly on dials.  Will I have a hard time finding much beyond the Fuji lenses over time?

Sony A7-  At this price point with a full frame sensor and the non-native lens choices it could be a fun camera to have.  Do I really need a full frame sensor camera?

Panny/Oly-  The universal lens mount and quality of these mfgs has me intrigued.  I would lean more towards Oly due to ibis at lower price points.  Is Micro 4/3 worth investing in?  Is it more than enough sensor for the average person?

I am open to other recommendations as well.   I just have gone around and around so many times that I don't think I will ever make a decision.  Please help me make a logical choice that won't empty my wallet both with the initial purchase and also with every lens.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow