G9 delivery telegraph

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MOD Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 33,380
G9 delivery telegraph

If I read the seaweed correctly Panasonic seems to have been using its pre-order launch as a sort of hoopla, smoke and mirrors routine to be able to synchronise and batch off sufficient stock to keep early adopters happy wherever they lived.

Somewhere along the way the 15th January seems to have found its way into the back of my brain.  That might be enough to have quantities figured out and product freighted out before the New Year leaving only customs clearance issues.  Even so in a quick-clear environment like Australia 15 January seems feasible.

Certainly "January" as the best available delivery date officially given has another 16 days to run.

As far as I can see Germany the Netherland, the UK and USA seem to have had a few deliveries (jumping the official gun?)

So if the 15th has any meat in it there should be a rash of excited new owners from tomorrow onwards.

But from the complete "Ozzie silence" on the issue I am guessing that the Panasonic distribution system is still wrestling with the "go" button.

I would not mind the whole "secrecy" issue if I had not been rigorously parted with a full up front payment for a product I have not even seen let alone been given a good guess delivery date for.  Half way through January and no delivery date has been offered.

Can other Australian buyers confirm if they were persuaded to pay in full up front for this privilege?  Despite what it seems I am in no desperate hurry for the camera - but they have my money and no sign of the goods - that is quite a different commercial type urgency.

I can understand that some buyers might put in several orders for product and then cancel them before delivery.

Mr Panasonic I am not constrained to play this hoopla game another time.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow