Using bluetooth as the remote shutter on ZR series

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
terrywct New Member • Posts: 2
Using bluetooth as the remote shutter on ZR series

I am now considering the ZR5100 or ZR3600. I see on their specification that they both have bluetooth and Wifi. I know that I can use Exilim Connect on smartphone to connect to the camera and use the smartphone as the remote shutter.  I just wonder if it is possible for me to connect the camera with the smartphone solely by bluetooth and use the smartphone as the remove shutter.

I don't need the smartphone to be the viewfinder nor view the photo on smartphone.   I simply want to use the smartphone as the remove shutter.   There are two reasons:

1.  I can keep the smartphone and camera connected by bluetooth, so that I can use the smartphone as remote shutter at any moment I need.  I don't need to go through the connect procedure all over again.

2. Wifi connection will use much more power than bluetooth.  If I use it in the same way as 1, the batteries on smartphone and camera will be running out soon.  The most important thing is with the Wifi connection on, my smartphone will lose connection with the world.

So, can anyone help me to find it out?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow