G9 Blackout - simple question...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
drj3 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,715
Re: No blackout free viewfinder (with live view)

Birdingbilly wrote:

I suggest you try one, you would not be dissapointed, there is also no blackout at 10fps

My four year old E-M1.1 has no blackout at 11 fps with the electronic shutter and at 9 frames a second with the mechanical shutter with autofocus, but I never saw any marketing of no blackout from Olympus.  The Olympus just shows the previous frame as does the G9.  I actually never used either with the EVF, since I found them very poor at best for following a moving target.

The G9 has Live View is available at up to 12 fps with autofocus (p. 116 of the manual) and that has blackout.

If there is no blackout at 10 fps, then it is not Live View and focus & exposure are set on the first frame.

None of the settings with without blackout are Live View.

This requires either a Global shutter (it doesn't have one) never has blackouts at any frame rate or a stacked sensor (it doesn't have one) like the Sony A9 which has Live View and no blackout up to 20 fps.

drj3's gear list:drj3's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M1 II +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow