Migratory Bird Treaty Act Trumped

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
drj3 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,659
Re: a fascination with regulation

Damnerd wrote:

Morris0 wrote:

Damnerd wrote:

Regulations are a necessary tool of government. Let's compare them with pesticide use X-amount will kill the pest 100%. You will not get better than 100% kill with X+Z amount. Regulations are not as important as adequate enforcement to ensure the regulations are having the desired effect: saving the migratory birds in this instance.

The last administration had a law fetish, loved to make laws but also picked and chose which law they would enforce and who they would focus on to insist they needed law enforcement corrective action.

The current administration has a focus on freedom from regulation to ensure there is an environment in which our economy can thrive. We must be vigilant in seeing that the remaining regulations are enforced. We will discover the birds will continue to migrate without all the unnecessary regulations.

-- hide signature --

Don M
peering from my lookout,
focusing my prism,
from the land of Nod,
to the very edge of Eden....
When I was fishing with my dad he would always ask me, "Do you pray for fish?"
Now as I get my camera out I thank the lord for a lovely day, and ask him for a bird to grace my lens.

Hi Don,

The Migratory Bird Treaty of 1916 has nothing to do with Obama.

https://www.doi.gov/sites/doi.gov/files/uploads/m-37050.pdf

Our country was thriving when Trump took office and the trend has continued. How is this century old law interfering with prosperity?

Thank you,

Morris

Your ascribing something to the previous administration they did not do, or aspire to do: create this strong economy we now have with an environment for business growth. This is a conservative business economy designed for us to make money, not for the payment of taxes as the liberals desire, but to grow personal wealth. That is part of the reason we are seeing the deregulation that has you so worried.

-- hide signature --

Don M
peering from my lookout,
focusing my prism,
from the land of Nod,
to the very edge of Eden....
When I was fishing with my dad he would always ask me, "Do you pray for fish?"
Now as I get my camera out I thank the lord for a lovely day, and ask him for a bird to grace my lens.

If the country can do that without permanently damaging the environment, then great. If it is the typical human behavior, ignore all the damage that we cause in order to give us what we want now, then the environment, other species and our children will be the ones who suffer.

-- hide signature --

drj3

drj3's gear list:drj3's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M1 II +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow