Would you recommend A7II + 24-70 f2.8 GM?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kalsten New Member • Posts: 12
Would you recommend A7II + 24-70 f2.8 GM?

I finally sold all my Canon equipment. I will miss my 24-70 f2.8 lens.

Currently I have a A7ii that I use with some vintage lenses, and as a compact alternative I use a a6000 (with Sony 35 1.8 and Rokinon 12mm f2).

I was thinking on getting a all around lens similar to my old Canon, and I started looking at the Sony 24-70 f2.8 GM. However, for a lens of that price, it seems that the reviews are not that spectacular as I thought. I've even read some comments that the autofocus performance is not stellar with the Sony A7II. I've just bought this camera, so I'll have it in the foreseeable future.
Should I do the investment and going for the Sony 24-70 2.8? In my undesrtanding there is no native 24-70 2.8 coming to Sony soon (although Sigma is releasing some new Art lenses soon, right?).
It seems that the more I read about this lens, the more confused I get about if it is good or not.
I am just a glorified hobbyist, so no professional here. I just like to not waste money, and I follow the principle of being cheap makes you spend twice.
Thanks!

Kalsten's gear list:Kalsten's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha a7 II Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
C47
C47
C47
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow