What’s the best way to back up SD cards without a laptop?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Garth
David Garth Regular Member • Posts: 387
What’s the best way to back up SD cards without a laptop?

I’ve recently moved to Fuji after a lifetime of pro shooting with Nikon.

In the past, on important photo shoots away from home, I always backed up my cards each evening, keeping the images on both the camera card and the copy on my laptop. (This conservative approach was driven by one unrecoverable card failure and one card accidentally dropped off a bridge.)

My goal in moving to Fuji was to reduce the weight and bulk of my gear, so I’ve been trying to find a back up solution that will allow me to keep my laptop at home. So far, I haven’t found a small lightweight solution that would allow me to copy the files from the camera SD card onto another card.

The X-T2 has a card copy function that works, except it either copies all of the files (including the files already on the target card), or manually selected ones. I would like to incrementally back up only the files that haven’t been copied yet. Manually selecting hundreds of files is just too tedious.

I’ve seen small, battery powered harddrive back up units, but I don’t trust spinning drives in rough environments.

Any suggestions?

-- hide signature --

David Garth

David Garth's gear list:David Garth's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow